Black Mold Remediation in Rome, GA
Water damage repair and mold remediation are two of our concetrations at Paul Davis of Rome. When water damage hits your property, we’ll thoroughly finish the job so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We respond swiftly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t escalate while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the know-how to safely and expertly accomplish water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s comprehensive service includes structural drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial measures.
- Progressive equipment and technology senses the source and isolates the spot, averting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
If you own a home, water damage leading to black mold is one of your worst nightmares. It is a toxin-producing fungus that creeps in unnoticed, and then engrosses the area around it. Fungus is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the condition it needs to settle down and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indefinitely, until they find dark, dank areas to stay in. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be toxic, damaging the well-being of both people and pets. It is part of a family of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as dangerous.
Information about Mold
Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a professional heck the walls for mold infestations. They can go unseen for weeks, and then spring up virtually overnight.
Once mold creates colonies in your living space, it quickly grows and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for occcupants:
- Mold emits a strong, mildewed scent that stops rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold creates problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the atmosphere where it thrives must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any remaining moisture must be carefully dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can drench out-of-sight areas of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
What We Do
- Our team will inspect the area and assess visible and unseen damage caused by water and mold, and what action should be taken to avert further damage.
- We quarantine the mold so that it can’t transmit to larger areas.
- We use modern air filtration techniques to remove spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any materials that have been infected with it, and then we administer antimicrobial substances to eliminate the remaining mold.
- The Paul Davis team will clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes erasing that awful, musty odor.
- We restore the area to its pre-damaged condition using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
No removal procedure can ensure that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unwelcoming to mold as possible.
Contact Paul Davis of Rome right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been jeopardized, our fast, thorough, skillfully trained technicians will turn back time on your water and mold damage. We’ll work with you to get things back to normal.